Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Heirloom Tomatoes...$$$

So my new favorite thing are heirloom tomatoes. My friend brought some over for us and I fell in love! I don't really even like tomatoes, but they were so good. Then a few weekends later some other friends of ours got some fresh veggies at a farmers market, and they were so so good! way better than regular. And i also got some heirloom tomatoes.........little did i know 4 tomatoes would cost 11$. i almost had a heart attack! I definelty learned my lesson. But after having those costly tomatoes,.......i almost would by one a week for $4/lb. They are so good. you could say i am obsessed. So now i am a believer in farmers markets. i always knew they were good, but i always thought pricey. Which i still think, but i will make the sacrifice for tomatoes ( not heirloom..) cucumbers and a very light green, almost clear pepper! so good! And last time i saw a purple pepper......what treasures i will find next?

No comments: