Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Usual Stuff

Subbing went well. On tues morning they called and asked if i would work in the afternoon as well, and i sadly said yes. But it turned out to be a good thing. The morning with fifth graders went alright, subbing is not really fun or easy, not that i expected it to be. But in the first 5 minutes of my lesson i had one boy tell another he was going to kill him. He really was a nice boy, he just doesnt do well with change, and needed alot of attention that i couldn't give. But the rest of the morning went well, i acutally taught math........hadn't done that in awhile. and then in the afternoon I had special ed, grade 3-6, which i LOVED! Because i only had 5 students and an aid, so it was great. And the students were so sweet, so that was nice.
I haven't subbed since, weve been a bit crazy. Right now I am back at my parents and Thad is in San Fransisco, (hence why i am here). I just couldn't imagine spending 4 days and having no one coming home at the end of the day..so i came back here. Hopefully i will do some more work when i get back, i need to get into the swing of things to make it easier.
Hayden is a walking machine, pointing machine, and trying to talk machine. I know he is trying so hard to communicate, and its so cute, so i just guess and keep on talking. He definelty knows what is HOT these days, and he does the sign with it. Practically everything on teh counter where he sits, the coffee maker, the toaster, the espresso maker, the stove...... so alot of things. And he loves things that make noise, the coffee grinder, blowdryer, mixer, etc. I think he might become a chef because he loves the kitchen so much!
We also have been loving the weather lately. The past 2 days, tues and wed, have been gorgeous, so weve gone to the park. I think he technically actually played at the park for the first time, walking around, getting on things.......it was alot of fun. I would say he is officially a big boy now! Which im happy and sad at the same time, I cant wait to do more activities with him!
anyways, this is long enough. thanks for reading!

No comments: