Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A week in the Big TN

So we bought tickets very last minute deciding to go to tn. Thad had late winter break, but we were going to stay in town because he had his UW class, but then that got cancelled. So we quickly bought tickets for teh following week to TN.
I was a little worried about Hayden on the plane, but by now i feel like a professional, and i had gravol this time, i thought i was clear. So i gave him the Gravol, but i didnt give enough, so Thad and I watched the Gravol try to work and Hayden fought it off. And i mean fought it off. He started flialing his body back and forth and acting really crazy, and yelling etc. I thought i had really hooped myself. So the flailing didnt last too long but then he wasnt tired. So 2 hours into it, the man ahead of me turns around and asks me to have my son stop hitting his seat. And his seat is fully reclined in my face and haydens face! So i say in a not so very nice voice, " im sorry, there is not alot of room here" and he says," well its been 2 hours, 2 hours" and i was like, " he can either hit your seat or scream buddy!" and he turned back around half way through my talking. I was livid! i dont think Thad knew what to do. He was also angry at the man, but then was trying to to laugh after i called him buddy! I was so so livid! i almost burst into tears at him. I think i fumed for15 min after. so......Hayden thankfully flailed himself one more time and then passed out. Thank goodness. That lasted about an hour and then I stood the last 45 min. Then we landed. WE had another 1.15min flight after, adn he did well. i was glad to be in TN.
We had a really good time there. We got to hang out alot with Thads parents which was so good becuase thad didnt really get to see them over thanksgiving. They had such a great time with Hayden. And Hayden thourally (sp?) enjoyed there dogs. I think he especially loved them because he could tell the dogs no. It was quite funny. We also saw some friends and of course my sister. One day it was even like 68degrees, and then the next 32. The weather there is crazy.
The flight home was better. We were delayed for 2.5 hours before takeoff, so they rebooked us our connection, bu ti still gave hayden the gravol like an hour to early. But in the end he slept almost all of the plane rides and did really well! And then we had a not so great night when we got home at 1230/ 230 (our time). But that was okay, he slept on the planes.
So now were home, back to routine, Hayden got an ear infection in tn, and now has a cough, but hes almost better. He is getting faster and faster and i think he almost ran this morning. He has also gotten really , i dont know the word. but he gets his blanky and pacifier and pillow and lays down on the ground. and he never sits still,s o that is definelty different. I dont know if its the sickness, or that he learned from the planes that his blanky is for snuggling?? who knows.
i have pics from tn coming!
I have pics from TN coming soon!

1 comment:

heidi said...

oh my WORD, that man would have made me angry too! its like, this isn't a luxury yacht we're on buddy, this is coach class in a tiny little airplane. i've travelled enough with tristan to know to pray hard that my seatmates will be easy-going. i had a really rude guy sitting next to me once and was acting all put-out that i was trying to nurse tristan on the plane. he totally put his magazine right up to the side of his face and was frowning and i was all covered up and everything! so when i had to go to the bathroom later, i left tristan on the seat and said "could you watch my baby for a sec?" and left before he could say no! it was funny to see his face when i got back, he looked petrified!