Thursday, June 19, 2008






Once again,  I will start this off apologizing for not posting more frequently. I promise I will get better, yah right, with moving and all.  Alot has happened since I last posted.  Since then, we have gone to Seattle and then to Abbotsford, Hayden got sick, we came home, started the wedding festivities and then the actual wedding, and now were here.
   While we were in Seattle, Thad had two interviews and got offered both jobs. He is going to be teaching Spanish at Kentridge Highschool in Kent, WA.  This is about 15 miles south of Seattle.  Thad was so happy and relieved when he got the job.  We have not decided where we are going to live, but were thinking Kent, Renton, or maybe south Seattle.  We will be renting an apartment for now, again not sure which one, but they all say to call in July when they will know if they have availability.  So alot is coming up for us, i cant believe it is already the middle of june!
  On that note, we are getting very sad to leave dear ole' jackson.  I can't imagine not seeing Thad's parents everyday and just leaving all the friends and family we have here.  It is going to be a big transition because even though i feel like i am moving closer to my family, they are not going to be in the same city, so that will be an adjustment.
    Rebecca's wedding (thad's sister) was beautiful. She got married on June 14 and thad and I were both in the wedding. She married Chip Holiday and right now they are in Jamaica.  They will be living in Memphis when they get back.  The wedding went off with no problems and Becca was not stressed at all on the day. It was a lovely wedding.
    Hayden has also been sick in the last little bit.  At the end of our trip to Canada he had a bad cold and then a fever.  He had to be held at all times and was terrible sleepy/ drowsy.  It was so sad to see him like that.  When we got back I took him to doctor and he had bronchitis and an ear infection.  He didn't seem to be getting any better so i took him back a week later and the ear infection had gotten worse and gone to both ears.  It is amazing how a mother can know something like this.  Not that i will know everytime, I know that, but just how much you can know your baby is not well. I guess i just thought that it would be hard to know when they can't communicate with you. I hope that makes sense! But we go back to the doctor today for his 6 month checkup, and I think he is all better but we will see.
    I hope I have updated everyone.  The pictures are of Hayden in Canada with his Uncle Brayden, Hayden and I on the bed (obvious) Rebecca's bridesmaid luncheon, hayden eating sweet potato and Hayden sitting.  I forgot to let you know, Hayden is now eating rice cereal (pablum) avocado and sweet potato. I am making his food for now, we will see how that goes. Next is banana............  but he sure does love his avocado and sweet potato, it is hilarious. When I put him in his chair, he gets so excited, arms waving, mouth open, he is so so sos so cute! i just love him!
 Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

ruth said...

thanks for the update, missy. i'm expecting you to update this thing more regularly when you are far, far away. i just can't believe how fast that boy is growing. call me when you get a chance.

Amanda Dyck said...

Lauren, that picture of the two of you is incredibly adorable. Great to hear that things are going good for you guys!
Manda