Saturday, July 17, 2010

Two week photos







Here are some pictures that Thad's dad took of Presley when she was 2 weeks old. She already has changed alot since then. Since birth, the swelling in her face has gone down, her hair has lightened, she has lengthened, i think her eyes will be blue.......and she now looks like Hayden ( or so were told).
In general Presley is a very good baby. She barely cries......the only issues were having is with nursing, and its not her, its me. My theory is that some women have lots of milk and some have less. and some is fattier than others......no matter what type of body you have. So, i dont think my milk is that great. At 2 weeks she hadn't made her birth weight, ( neither did H) ( i wasnt surprised she hadn't) so i started supplementing. She would still be hungry after i nursed her so she would get a little bottle to top her up. The doc also put me on fenugreek. After 1 more week she went from 9.1 to 10lbs! ya. So since then we have been supplementing less.....usually just in the evening.....but i think she would take about 2 more ounces after every time i nursed her. Do all you other mothers out there think your baby would eat more after you nurse? And she usually tries to eat her hands after i nurse her which also makes me think she is hungry......and she isn't terrible sleepy after i nurse her.....there is no milk coma as some moms would say. So.....well see how she does at her 2 month app. Im pretty sure she is gaining, ( might be tmi, but when i pump i get about 3-4 ounc ( every 3 hours), so she is getting milk. But im just wondering if other babies are like this.....or just mine?
Otherwise everything is good! H is enjoying her, she sleeps good. And H has been acting alot better. I think the turning point was when i changed my mindset from seeing all he did wrong to all he did right and praising him for when he obeyed. ( this kid loves him some praise!) Were still learning how to adjust with 2, but thankfully God gives you a newborn and not a 1 year old to start off with.

2 comments:

heidi said...

hey lauren! presley is ADORABLE!!! i remember lots of trying times with tristan when samuel was a newborn. hang in there, it does get better, and you have a great idea with praising him a ton. also think of certain jobs he can help you with, like getting your nursing pillow or grabbing a diaper for the baby.

as far as breastfeeding goes, this time around i found my milk to be much thinner as well. samuel is still on the thin side (28th percentile), whereas tristan was always a huge chunker. i never supplemented, even though the nurses told me to. i just nursed him more frequently until i had a ton of milk. i also found that besides fenugreek, oatmeal is great at building your milk supply. i'm still nursing samuel just a tiny bit and find that every time i have a bowl of oatmeal, i feel a bit engorged!

hope that helps :)

The Spanns said...

Aw Lauren what sweet pictures. Congratulations. Blake was just the other day asking me if you guys had had her yet.
It is so hard wondering if you have enough or if the baby is getting enough. I think you are right. I think they will normally take more if you are supplementing after. You also have another one to run after and so the challenge for me was making sure that I was taking care of myself and getting enought to eat and drink for me so that my milk was fatty enough. I ate a lot of oatmeal too.
Congratulations again!
Leslie