Monday, July 20, 2009

The New House


Hayden's room

When you enter the house


The steps before. Thad has just ripped off the "outdoor carpet" that was on them to prevent slipping. The picture above is the after.

So I have been talking about some projects at the new house. I have never had a green thumb or even been interested in gardening. But this house had no flower beds or anything. So actually, today Thad put in some bushes and flowers are to come. Earlier this week he hoed up some beds from basically nothing. The soil is not so great. But i will get some pics of that soon. But anyways, this is expanding my green thumb. I remember in TN one day at our old house, Thad basically had to drag me out one spring day to plant some flowers. Now I can actually appreciate. Curb appeal does so much for a house!
Also, we are looking for some patio furniture for the front and back deck. Nothing fancy, we are hounding craigslist and good will almost everyday. But does anyone have any other good ideas of how to get cheap patio furniture, that maybe doesn't look cheap? I am waiting for 2 responses on craigslist now, but........
Also, were looking for a trike for Hayden. We would LOVE a radio flyer steer one( with the parent handle on the back) but just any kind with a handle sounds good. But also, other parents out there, do you think its wise to get one with a handle. Hayden is 19 months, so do you think he can actually peddle? I kind of don't think so, but he might surpise us. And any suggestions where to get that?
I think the to pic is of Golden Gardens Beach which is like 1.5 miles from our house. WE went there last week and loved it! The computer is almost dead and HM has been sleeping for 4 hours so i think i should check him.....

3 comments:

Brayden Spann said...

Hey Lauren, The house looks great. I understand about the green thumb. Not my strong suite, but I have had moments of motivation. It is just keeping things alive that I struggle with. We did do a vegetable garden this summer though and it has turned out pretty good. I recommend the one with the handle. Brayden has one without. His feet can't reach the pedals, so I am bending over pushing him. I have thought about creating one somehow.

Akin's said...

LOVE the new house! looks like yall got settled fast, which is so nice! thanks for posted all the new pics! i think thads parents are coming in soon (tomorrow?), but once they leave we need a skype date! love and miss you!

Jaydes said...

Your house is so great! I love it! It's all anyone could hope for!

Good to hear from you on my blog... I always think no one reads my blog, so it's so exciting to find out when people do. It was quite easy to become a doula. It's just a few weekend courses, a few books to read and a few births to attend and you are "certified." Because doula's are only there for emotional, physical and information support, all you need is to bring your heart to a birth and you are set! Leave all the clinical tasks to the nurses, doctors and midwifes, and care for the mother alone! I actually just posted some birth photos from a recent homebirth I attended on my photography blog: www.fotographyforfun.blogspot.com you should check them out if you are interested!